Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) is the best engineering university in Bangladesh that focuses on the study of engineering and architecture. It is the pioneer in engineering in Bangladesh.
The extraordinary success of this University has made it the first choice for the future engineer and architecture.
This is the dream University for the students who want to become efficient engineers.
We are going to share the BUET subject list for the students so that they can easily find their intended subjects when needed.
Faculties of BUET
BUET has 18 departments under 5 faculties. The departments operate undergraduate and graduate programs in different disciplines.
The faculties of BUET are given below—
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Institutes of BUET
There are six institutes in BUET. The institutes also conduct postgraduate diplomas, master’s and doctoral degrees.
These institutes are —
- Institute of Water and Flood Management (IWFM)
- Institute of Appropriate Technology (IAT)
- Institute of Information and Communication Technology (IICT)
- Accident Research Institute (ARI)
- BUET-Japan Institute of Disaster Prevention and Urban Safety (BUET-JIDPUS)
- Institute of Nuclear Power Engineering (INPE)
BUET Subject List
18 departments of BUET are dealing with different types of subjects. We are going to put together all the subjects of BUET in the following list according to its faculties.
Architecture and Planning subjects
The faculty of Architecture and planning comprises three departments. Those departments deal with the following subjects —
- Architecture (Arch)
- Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
- of Humanities (Hum)
Civil Engineering subjects
The faculty of Civil Engineering is one of the five faculties of BUET. The faculty focuses on the following two subjects —
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Water Resources Engineering (WRE)
Electrical and Electronic Engineering subjects
Electrical engineering is involved with the study of power management and electronic devices. The subjects of this faculty are —
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Biomedical Engineering (BME)
Mechanical Engineering subjects
There are three departments in this faculty that study 3 different subjects. The subjects are —
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NAME)
This is the largest faculty among the five faculties in BUET. The subjects of this faculty are —
- Chemical Engineering (ChE)
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering (MME)
- Chemistry (Chem)
- Mathematics (Math)
- Physics (Phys)
- Petroleum and Mineral Resources Engineering (PMRE)
- Glass and Ceramic Engineering (GCE)
I hope the BUET subject list we have discussed in this article will be quite helpful for you during your admission test.
If you have any confusion, feel free to share with us. We will try our best to resolve your confusion at any cost.