Would you like to buy Bangladesh Railway Online Ticket? Bangladesh Railway online train ticket purchase/booking is easier than you think.
Just remember there are some rules to purchase Bangladesh Railway Online Ticket through the internet, you have to register on Bangladesh Railway e-ticket service website and you are not allowed to purchase for than 4 tickets.
It means one can only buy 4 tickets. It was introduced to reduce selling train tickets in black markets. And it somewhat served the purpose.
Let’s learn Bangladesh railway ticket online booking easily.
Table of Contents
Bangladesh Railway Online Ticket Booking System (With Pictures)
Bangladesh railway online ticket is a digital service as the promise of digitalizing of the current government. Bangladesh Railway has updated almost every service to provide better service to the passengers of the largest transport of the country.
Now, passengers can purchase a ticket online by avoiding the crowd and other illegal connections. It is also a convenient way for the people who are remaining busy in other sectors.
Bangladesh railway online ticket is an easy process so that everyone with the least knowledge of the internet can buy a ticket.
You have to follow the processes one after another. If you follow the process correctly, you’ll get your desired ticket by 15 minutes. You just need a cell phone number, a transaction card such as VISA/MASTER/DBBL Nexus, mobile banking or City Bank American Express card.
You have to reach at least 15 minutes before the station along with a printed copy of the ticket and a valid identity card. On the other hand, if you purchase an online ticket for another person, print a hard copy of the ticket from any designated counters and bring it with a valid identity card.
Learn more about Bangladesh Railway intercity train schedules and ticket price.
How to Buy Bangladesh Railway Online Ticket?
www.esheba.cnsbd.com is the official website of Bangladesh railway. You just need to visit the website to buy railway ticket online. The procedures for purchasing a ticket online are below:
- You just need a computer or laptop with an internet connection to buy Bangladesh railway online e-ticket. A smartphone or device can also be used for this purpose.
- From your device, now go to the above link of the Bangladesh railway to sign-up the registration form. Click here to sign up the registration form.
- Now, fill-up the form with accurate information. Enter your name that is matched with an identity card, a valid email address, your address and your current mobile number.
- Here, enter the “Security Code” that you can see on the right side. The Code is susceptible, so you have to enter correctly. If you miss entering the Code, you can’t go to the next step.
- To go to the next step, click on the “Registration” button to complete the sign-up process.
- Then, open your inbox to check the email sent from Bangladesh Railway. You’ll get a confirmation message if you complete the registration.
- After getting the confirmation message, you just need to go to the Bangladesh railway website.
- After logging on the site, you have to enter the email address, password and security code. Enter the same information that you used before during registration and clock on the “Login” button.
- Now, enter all the information of your journey correctly. Select journey date, Departure Destination, arrival Destination, Train Name, Number of passengers either adult or children.
- Bangladesh Railway has set up a limit for a maximum number of Bangladesh railway online ticket. A person can buy maximum of four tickets using an identity card, mobile number, and email address.
- Now, check the total amount of Taka for the ticket price. Before checking, you must remember that more than 12 years old aged is considered as an adult person.
- After checking the total amount, enter details of your VISA/MASTER/DBBL Nexus, City Bank American Express card. Any local bank provided card either Debit or Credit is acceptable.
- If you pay successfully, you’ll get a confirmation message. Check your email to get Online Ticket Purchase Confirmation.
- Print out the email which you have to get after paying the ticket price successfully. The email will be sent by Bangladesh railway.
- Now, go to the station along with the printed email, mobile phone, and card which was used to buy the ticket from online.
- In every station, there is an e-booth to provide original travel ticket of Bangladesh Railway. Submit your printed email to the e-booth and collect the original ticket. You can also need to provide mobile phone and card to verify the information with the printed email. E-booth officer will check the information.
- As you have to collect the original ticket, so try to reach the station at least 15 minutes before your journey. Otherwise, you can miss the train. It is best to collect the ticket on the day of your trip. However, a printed copy of e-ticket is not acceptable to the ticket tracker of the Bangladesh railway.
- It is to be remembered that only Bangladesh residents can purchase Bangladesh railway online ticket by using identity card, mobile phone, and local bank card. No foreigner is allowed to purchase the online e-ticket.
Bangladesh Railway Ticket Booking Mobile Phone
Bangladesh railway has reserved 10 per cent of total tickets for online purchase. On the other hand, 15 per cent of the total tickets is reserved for mobile phone. As a result, you can buy Bangladesh railway ticket by using your cell phone.
Now, the service is available only for Banglalink and Grameenphone mobile operator. All other operators are negotiating with Bangladesh railway authority to provide the service to its customers.
Bangladesh Railway Ticket Booking Grameenphone
Grameenphone operator users can easily buy train tickets using GPay wallet. You can now buy or book train tickets avoiding the hassle of the crowd. Even you can purchase the ticket after booking. To purchase or book train tickets, follow the below procedures:
- At first, dial *777# from your Grameenphone mobile. Select “Train Ticketing” from the available options.
- Select any options from direct purchasing, book only or purchase after booking.
- Now, select the of the starting station. Next, enter the first three letters of your destination station.
- Then, enter the travelling date, train name, and class of your seat. You also have to get into the number of passenger combination to fix the price of the ticket.
- You’ll get a confirmation message after entering the information successfully.
- Enter your PIN of GPay wallet if you are satisfied with the confirmation message.
Bangladesh Railway online ticket is a remarkable inclusion of the service indeed. E-ticketing system of the train also helps to avoid the hassle of a crowd. It also saves the working hour for the people. Also, the Bangladesh Railway Online Ticket Booking System is contributing to stopping touting ticket on the black market.